Sparta Parks and Recreation
Sparta Township Parks and Recreation exists to provide and facilitate access to parks, recreation, cultural opportunities, and open space. Our staff members are committed to delivering the benefits of parks and recreation services including:
- Leisure time benefits of providing a wide variety of quality and introductory programs at affordable costs
- Personal benefits of strengthening self-esteem and self-image, improving health and fitness, and reducing stress in an enjoyable atmosphere
- Social benefits of building stronger families, creating community spirit, promoting opportunities to develop new friendships, and providing positive alternatives for all segments of the community
- Environmental benefits of protecting and rehabilitating natural areas and open space, and contributing to overall community livability
- We strive to provide parks and facilities which are safe and attractive and offer recreation programs that are enjoyable and meaningful. We look forward to working with other area agencies and departments to help enhance the overall quality of life. We believe in being honest, positive, and responsive to the needs and interests of the public.
No Trash Cans at the Facilities
There are no garbage cans at Sparta Recreation’s parks facilities, due to the escalating bear issue with the garbage. We are carry in and carry out until further notice. Please do not leave any garbage bags in the park. Thank you.
The Township of Sparta announces the sale of 2022 and prior year delinquent taxes and other municipal charges through an on-line auction on October 11, 2023 – 9:00 am. Read on...
The spotted lanternfly is an invasive insect native to Southern Asia. It was first detected in Pennsylvania in 2014 and since then, has spread across Pennsylvania and neighboring states, including New Jersey. Read on...
The main street bridge project work continues. Main Street will be fully open to traffic during Phase 2 Construction, with the exception of potential occasional daily closures during some overhead utility relocation operations. Additional Info...